Wednesday, April 26, 2017

"Natural Novel" by Georgi Gaspodinov *****


  • Bulgarian author
  • Originally published in 1999, translation published in 2005
  • Debut novel
  • Review:  This novel is unique, it is a somewhat stream of consciousness tale, it is a tale of disconnection, both interpersonal and literary.  This is Gospodinov's debut novel, and I found it to be witty, original, and wonderfully creative.  In fact, as the reader, it felt as if I was in the inner mental workings of the writer's mind.  A man struggles with impending divorce and his emotional world is reflected in the novel's character and his efforts to disconnect from unnatural writing.  Sometimes I felt deeply moved, sometimes I laughed out loud, and sometimes I felt disturbed.  Excellent read!

No comments:

Post a Comment